Friday, February 24, 2012

The agony and power of saying no

So on my lunch hour I was floating around the inter-webs and came across a site that is one of my favorites. I have been down about my wardrobe and was just kind of searching. The deal was great 70% off already and an additional 25% off. I went through the site found stuff I loved and started putting it in my card. I wedged it down to a "reasonable" amount and was almost through the checkout process. That was when I asked the question I should have asked well before that point. Do I need this? The answer was no. Do I want this? The answer was yes. Then I started going through a list, do I want it more than the hot tub cover? The bathroom counters? A dinner out with friends?  The checkout process stopped, cart is deleted.

The question and thought process now is about the process I was using and what I am not thinking about in terms of decision making. We talk a lot about priorities in our lives but I am not sure that I am factoring those priorities into daily life. Something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment