Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finding a way to find myself - Sugar Addiction

One of the things that I have started to consciously work on is making the outside match my insides. After having discovered that Gluten = Sick for me I learned what it was like to feel good. That lasted until I started "cheating" and finding ways to manage symptoms instead of dealing with the root cause. I do that a lot more than I like to admit.
  The past 10 days have been about consciously "eating clean" when it comes to gluten. Does it mean that I didn't desperately want a brownie, nope. Does it mean that I can just walk away from fresh bread without feeling deprived, nope. Does it mean that I need to separate the emotion of eating the gluten from the emotion of the time, absolutely.

I don't have a serious sweet tooth, sweet isn't the flavor that makes me happy, but I am finding myself not willing to give up the sugar filled treats when I am stressed or in the evenings. That is the next task I want to tackle in order to make some changes. So starting tonight I am going to make a conscious effort to go the next six months without refined sugar based sweets. This dovetails into the Paleo based diet that I am working towards as well.

Interesting reads regarding kicking sugar addiction:
http://www.girl-heroes.com/2009/01/29/10-ways-to-help-break-a-sugar-addiction/

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/2664/1/Break-the-Sugar-Addiction-Six-Easy-Steps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment