Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Wiped out and reactive hypoglycemia

For the last several days my blood sugars have been up and down. Being forced to leave an event that I was hosting on Saturday was among the last straws. So I went through a researched. Apparently because of the way the American standard diet is it limits blood sugar crashes and trends toward a higher blood sugar in general. With the gluten free diet I tend to forget the rules about balancing carbs, protein and fat. In large part I have tried to eliminate starches or limit them to once a day to try to pull some of my weight off. As a result I tend not to be doing a lot in terms of carbs.

I had a blood draw done on Saturday and I hope that this will be what the new practitioner needs to "fix" me. I should find out something hopefully tomorrow if not I will hope for by the end of the week. They have agreed to send me the results once they have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment